Thursday, July 15, 2010

Miss Florida 2010


Hello Everyone!

I am so thrilled to be starting my first blog as Miss Florida 2010! This has already been such an incredible experience within just the first week of holding the title. I feel so proud and honored to represent my home state and the Miss Florida Organization.

I would like to thank every single person who was involved in the production and preparation of Miss Florida Week this year. Thank you to Wayne Gentry and the production crew, Shea Sullivan, all of the wonderful hostesses (our mothers for the week!) and all of our fantastic sponsors for assisting the pageant in every possible way. A HUGE thank you to Mary Sullivan and the Miss Florida Board for making the pageant possible and treating all of the contestants like royalty throughout the week. I know that I speak for all of the contestants when I say that last week was a life changing experience and we all can't thank you enough for putting countless hours into making us grow as competitors and now T.V. stars!


I can't put into words how blessed I feel to hold the position of Miss Florida 2010. It is truly a dream come true and I could not have done it without the love and support of my family, sponsors and mentors. The night I was crowned was very surreal and I felt like I was on cloud nine the entire evening. However, when I woke up Sunday morning, I knew that there was work to do. I understand what the job of Miss Florida entails and I promise that I will promote the state of Florida, our citizens, and the Miss Florida Organization to the best of my ability throughout the year. I am ready for a whirlwind of experiences, challenges and growth. Thank you again to everyone who has continued to support and assist me.

Looking forward to a FABULOUS year :)

Jaclyn
Miss Florida 2010