Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello Everyone!

I absolutely love every moment serving as Miss Florida 2010. I can't believe that it has already been almost an entire month since my crowning! I still find myself waking up in the morning and wanting to pinch myself, it is really a dream come true to have this opportunity. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of so many individuals who have been willing to sponsor, support, and offer me their words of wisdom. It feels so incredible to have so much love and encouragement from so many people behind me as I embark on the greatest journey of my entire life.

After returning home from the Miss Kentucky Pageant, I traveled to Mary's home in Miami to tackle my Miss America paperwork. I am truly blessed to have Mary's guidance, she is one in a million and we work incredibly well as a team :)

While I was in Miami, Mary and I drove to Homestead, Florida to visit Ann Marie of Ann Marie's Bridal Boutique. We had such a fun time selecting my wardrobe for my year as Miss Florida and spending time catching up with each other. Thank you to Ann Marie for the unbelievable amount of support and generosity you have shown me.

The next week, I traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to have my Miss America official head shots taken by the beautiful Kristy Belcher of Kristy Belcher Photography, along with the amazingly talented Joel Green for hair and makeup. I had a BLAST working with both of them. We shared so many laughs during the day and the shoot flew by so fast! I can't wait to share the head shot that we have chosen with everyone :)


As soon as I returned home from Nashville, I drove to Boca Raton, Florida for an appearance with the Florida Funeral Directors Association during their annual convention. The convention was held at the BEAUTIFUL Boca Raton Resort and Convention Center. I was honored to have the privilege of cutting the ribbon for the trade show and welcoming visitors from all over the state. I had the opportunity to speak about my platform, Stop Bullying Now! and the Miss America Organization throughout the show. I discussed my personal bullying experiences with many parents that were in attendance, and also their children's current bullying hardships within their schools. It was very empowering to be among such caring individuals who shared the same passion for prevention and education of bullying, as I do. The night was extremely enjoyable and I was pleasantly surprised how lively of a bunch the directors were. (That was the on-going joke throughout the show) :)






The next day, I was so excited to be sailing on a beautiful yacht traveling from Boca Raton to Ft. Lauderdale and back with the Funeral Directors Association members and their families. What a perfect day it was to sail! I enjoyed every moment of the trip and talking with so many interesting people. Thank you to Mr. Lew Hall for allowing me to have such a wonderful time with your organization, it was fantastic! During my appearance, I also had the pleasure of meeting Shelby Hall (Mr. Hall's granddaughter) who is a fabulous cheerleader and very intelligent young lady. We had a wonderful time getting to know each other and taking lots of silly pictures together! I have a feeling she will be on the Miss Florida stage one day :)


After departing from Boca Raton, I returned to Miami to put the final touches on my Miss America paperwork with Mary. On Tuesday, Mary and I had dinner at Houston's with Lissette Gonzalez, Miss Florida 1998, who is also the morning and noon Weather Anchor for CBS4 in Miami. Lissette is such an inspiration to me and I enjoyed hearing all about her year as Miss Florida and Miss America experience.


Two days ago, I made an appearance at Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Florida who is also the official automobile sponsor of Miss Florida for 2010! They have generously provided me with a GORGEOUS 2011 CAMARO for the year. Thank you to Steve Hurley, owner of Stingray Chevrolet, for making this possible. I will officially be "riding in style" during my reign :) Stingray held a test driving event the same time I picked up my vehicle, and I was so excited to greet the guests that attended and also the live band that played during the evening.







Until next time,
Jaclyn Raulerson
Miss Florida 2010